New victims emerge as Rolf Harris moved to new prison

Rolf Harris has been moved to a new prison because he was getting the bash.

Harris has reportedly been moved to a another UK prison for his own safety after being bullied by other inmates.

The 84-year-old Australian entertainer is serving five years and nine months after being found guilty of sexually assaulting four girls and had been housed at HMP Bullingdon in Oxfordshire.

But UK newspaper The Sun reports Harris has now been moved to Stafford jail, considered to be a “soft” prison, after being taunted by fellow inmates.

“They were keen to take him down a peg or two,” a source told the paper.

“He was moved to another prison for his own safety about two weeks ago.”

Meanwhile 10 new victims have come forward, some from New Zealand.

More than 10 new victims have come forward claiming they were sexually abused by Rolf Harris, including a number of New Zealanders.

The Sunday Times has reported a source close to the police investigation into the entertainer’s sex offending saying that 10 new victims have been identified and their claims relate to abuse in New Zealand, Australia and Britain.

It is understood that many of the victims were under age, meaning Harris could face new charges.

The investigation, dubbed Operation Yewtree in based in London and is looking at the British cases but any that took place abroad would be handled by the local police.

Harris, 84, was jailed in June for five years and nine months for 12 indecent assaults on four girls between 1969 and 1986.

Detective Chief Inspector Michael Orchard of the Metropolitan police said some new claims had been made during the course of the trial.

This just shows the folly of name suppression. By having Harris named others can identify their attacker and come forward. If he’d had name suppression, as would have been likely in NZ, then victims would be none the wiser.

 

– NZ Herald

53%
×