Winston is not a details man

Winston Peters has launched his Northland by-election campaign by telling voters he’s offering them “a chance in a lifetime”.

The NZ First leader’s message at a street corner meeting was that if they back him he’ll be a strong advocate for a region that’s been neglected by successive governments.

“Northland ranks very high on social deprivation that that’s an absolute indictment of National’s woeful treatment of this region,” he told a street corner crowd in Wellsford today.

Mr Peters says that between now and March 28 he’ll cover the electorate from top to bottom in his “Force for the North” campaign bus.

The seat is vacant because National’s Mike Sabin resigned last month, citing personal reasons.

It’s been a safe National seat for decades but Mr Peters says he can win it by focusing on the way the region has been neglected.

And he’s targeting National voters by pointing out the government won’t change if he takes the seat, while the region will benefit from the strong message he’ll take to Wellington.
Mr Peters is up against candidates from National, Labour and ACT, as well as a handful of independents and four representing parties that aren’t in parliament.

He’s already up there with his big bus. ?Just a small problem. ?

unnamed

www.winstonpeters.com is locked away behind a login screen.

4243

On top of that (not that I’m going to, I’m too old for these games now), but he hasn’t even locked in the obvious domains to prevent someone broadsiding his official site.

rwerw

Winston is not a details man.

31312

 

The only people happy about Winston’s side show is the media. ?They’ll be lapping it up while he sucks the oxygen from the other candidates.

And then National will win anyway.

 

– 3 News

48%
×